Today’s recipe is the classic American favorite – the Barbecued Burger. And it isn’t another boring burger recipe. This one is far from ordinary – it is the juiciest, most flavorful, melt-in-your-mouth burgers you’ve ever tasted.
I’ve been around the block a time or two when it comes to burger-making. I have a personal history with this recipe that goes back to my childhood. I remember spending countless summer evenings with my family gathered around the grill, the smell of sizzling burgers filling the air, and the sound of laughter and conversation blending together in perfect harmony.
But as I got older, I began to realize that not all burgers are created equal. I’ve had dry, flavorless patties that left me feeling unsatisfied and uninspired. And that’s when I decided to take matters into my own hands and perfect the art of the barbecued burger.
Through years of experimentation, I’ve learned that the key to a delicious burger is using high-quality ingredients and not being afraid to get a little creative with your seasonings. And that’s exactly what this recipe is all about – a combination of savory spices and a secret sauce that will have your taste buds doing the tango!
· One cup ketchup
· Half cup packed brown sugar
· A third cup sugar
· A quarter cup honey
· A quarter cup molasses
· Two teaspoons prepared mustard
· One and a half teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
· A quarter teaspoon salt
· A quarter teaspoon liquid smoke
· An eighth teaspoon pepper
· One large egg, lightly beaten
· A third cup quick-cooking oats
· A quarter teaspoon onion salt
· A quarter teaspoon garlic salt
· A quarter teaspoon pepper
· An eighth teaspoon salt
· One and a half pounds ground beef
· Six hamburger buns, split
· Your preferred toppings
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, sugar, honey, molasses, prepared mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, liquid smoke, and pepper to make the sauce. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the egg, oats, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper, and salt. Add in the ground beef and mix until just combined. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each into a patty.
3. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
4. Grill the patties for about 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked to your desired level of doneness. Brush the sauce on both sides of the burgers during the last minute of grilling.
5. Toast the hamburger buns on the grill for about 1-2 minutes.
6. Assemble the burgers by placing the patty on the bottom half of the bun, add your desired toppings, and top with the other half of the bun.
7. Serve and enjoy your delicious barbecued burger!
Cooking time: 8 – 12 minutes
Note: You can use any toppings of your choice like cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, avocado, mayo, etc.
You now have the secret to the juiciest, most flavorful burgers you’ll ever sink your teeth into. I know you’ll be tempted to add all sorts of fancy toppings and condiments, but trust me, this burger is so good on its own, you won’t need a single thing extra. And if by some chance you do have some leftover toppings, well, you can always make yourself a salad.
As you take that first bite, close your eyes and let the flavors dance on your taste buds. The smoky char from the grill, the juicy beef, the melty cheese… it’s like a symphony in your mouth. And if you’re feeling particularly adventurous, you can always add a little heat with some hot sauce or jalapenos. But just remember, a true grill master knows when to keep it simple and let the ingredients speak for themselves.