Are you tired of the same old boring chicken wings at your BBQs? Well, spice things up with my signature BBQ Chili Chicken Wings recipe. As a seasoned BBQ chef, I’ve experimented with countless wing recipes, but this one always leaves my guests begging for more.
I remember the first time I served these bad boys at a backyard BBQ. One of my friends, who shall remain nameless (cough, Jim, cough) declared that he didn’t like spicy food. But after one bite of these wings, he couldn’t stop sweating and reaching for his drink. I knew then and there that I had a winner on my hands.
Fire up that grill and get ready to elevate your wing game. Trust me, these BBQ Chili Chicken Wings will be the talk of the town (or at least the talk of your neighborhood BBQ). Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
· 4 tsp ground cumin
· 4 tsp paprika
· 4 tsp cayenne pepper
· 2 tsp fine sea salt
· 1/4 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
· 30 chicken wings, tips removed and jointed
· A big handful of oregano, chopped
· 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
· 3 tbsp lemon juice
· 300g natural yogurt
1. Mix together the ground cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and crushed black peppercorns in a small bowl.
2. Take your chicken wings and generously coat them with the spice mixture. Make sure to get all sides of the wings covered.
3. Once the wings are coated, chop up your oregano and sprinkle it over the wings. This will add a fresh, herby flavor that pairs perfectly with the spices.
4. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
5. Once the grill is hot, place the wings on the grill and cook for about 10-12 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and have a nice char on the outside.
6. While the wings are grilling, it’s time to make the yogurt sauce. In a small bowl, mix together the crushed garlic, lemon juice, and yogurt. This sauce will add a tangy, creamy element to your wings that will balance out the heat from the spices.
7. Once the wings are cooked through, take them off the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
8. Serve the wings with the yogurt sauce on the side for dipping.
The above BBQ chili chicken wings will surely to be a hit at your next cookout. Don’t just take my word for it, give these wings a try at your next BBQ. Just be prepared for a little heat, but trust me, it’s worth it. The cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper add a nice kick of heat, while the oregano and yogurt sauce balance out the flavors.