Once upon a time, in a land far, far away (okay, it was just my backyard), I was experimenting with different flavors for my BBQ ribs. I had a hankering for something sweet and spicy, so I reached for the bottle of chipotle hot sauce and a basket of plums. As I slathered the ribs with the sauce and added in some plum preserves, I knew I was on to something special.
But little did I know, my taste buds were in for a wild ride. The smokiness of the chipotle mixed with the sweetness of the plums was like a love story in my mouth. I was in BBQ rib heaven.
And thus, the Chipotle-Plum BBQ Pork Ribs were born. This recipe is not for the faint of heart, or for those who like their ribs with just a hint of flavor. No, these ribs pack a punch, and will leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
But fair warning, these ribs are so delicious, you might find yourself licking your fingers in public. Trust me, I speak from experience. Are you ready to fall in love with the perfect balance of sweet and spicy? Bon appétit!
· One teaspoon of instant coffee
· Half cup of freshly-squeezed orange juice
· 3/4 cup of plum sauce
· Two tablespoons of minced chipotle in adobo with sauce
· Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
· Two tablespoons of brown sugar
· Two-and-a-half pounds’ of pork back ribs
1. Inside a small bowl, mix these – instant coffee, plum sauce, orange juice, minced chipotle, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Place the pork ribs in a large re-sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the top. Seal the bag and toss to evenly coat the ribs. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
4. Remove the ribs from the marinade and season them generously with salt and pepper.
5. Grill the ribs for about 20 minutes per side, or until the meat is cooked through and tender.
6. While the ribs are grilling, pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
7. Once the ribs are cooked, brush them with the thickened marinade and continue grilling for an additional 2-3 minutes per side, or until the sauce is caramelized and sticky.
8. Remove the ribs from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with extra sauce on the side.
This recipe has a unique twist by using instant coffee to add a depth of flavor and richness to the marinade, which complements the sweet and savory plum sauce and smoky chipotle. The orange juice also adds a bright and acidic note, making for a well-balanced and delicious BBQ sauce.
It’s been a real pleasure bringing you this recipe for Chipotle-Plum BBQ Pork Ribs. The combination of smoky chipotle and sweet, tangy plum creates a flavor explosion in your mouth that will leave you wanting more.