Ladies and gentlemen, fire up your grills and get ready for a flavor explosion! It’s time to elevate your BBQ game with my latest recipe sensation – Coffee-Crusted BBQ Beef Ribs. Now, before you go thinking this is just another boring BBQ recipe, let me tell you, these ribs are not for the faint of heart. With a bold coffee rub that packs a punch, these ribs will have your taste buds doing the cha-cha!
As a seasoned chef, I can attest that the combination of coffee and spices in the rub adds a unique depth of flavor to the ribs that will have your taste buds singing.
Let’s do this … Grab your tongs, pour yourself a cup of joe, and let’s get cooking, folks!
· 1/4 cup black peppercorn
· 1/3 cup dark roast coffee beans
· Four tablespoons sea salt, plus more for serving
· Four tablespoons hickory smoked sea salt
· Two tablespoons smoked Spanish paprika
· 5-pound bone-in beef ribs (roughly 4 racks)
· Olive oil
· Dijon mustard, for serving (optional)
1. Start by preparing the rub for the ribs. In a food processor or coffee grinder, grind the coffee beans and black peppercorns until they are coarsely ground.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the ground coffee and peppercorns, 4 tablespoons of sea salt, hickory smoked sea salt, and smoked Spanish paprika.
3. Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs (if it hasn’t already been removed) by sliding a butter knife between the membrane and the bone. Once you’ve loosened it up, use a paper towel to grip it and pull it off.
4. Rub the ribs generously with olive oil and then sprinkle the rub all over the ribs, making sure to coat them evenly.
5. Preheat your grill to medium-low heat (about 300-350 degrees). Place the ribs on the grill, meat-side up, and cover. Cook the ribs for 2-3 hours or until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
6. Remove the ribs from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
7. Serve the ribs with a sprinkle of extra sea salt and a side of Dijon mustard, if desired. And you can use this versatile rub for any type of meats you want to BBQ.
There you have it folks, the ultimate recipe for coffee-crusted barbecue beef ribs. Not only will it satisfy your taste buds, but it will also give you a caffeine kick to keep you grilling all night long. And remember, don’t be afraid to get creative with your rubs – after all, variety is the spice of life (and BBQ).
Invite your friends over, crack open a cold one, and enjoy the fruits of your labor!