Today I’m sharing with you my secret recipe for the most mouth-watering, finger-lickin’ Southern BBQ Baked Beans you will ever taste. Now, I know what you’re thinking – baked beans? How exciting can that be? But, let me tell you, these bad boys will knock your socks off and leave you begging for seconds.
You see, this recipe has been passed down in my family for generations. It all started with my great-granddaddy, who was a pitmaster in the deep South. He would spend hours tending to the barbecue, basting the meat with his secret sauce, and perfecting the art of slow-cooking. And, let me tell you, he knew how to do it right.
One day, my great-granddaddy decided to put his special touch on the traditional side dish of baked beans. He experimented with different types of beans, spices, and seasonings, until he finally came up with the perfect recipe. And, let me tell you, it was a game-changer.
The secret to these baked beans is in the sauce. It’s a blend of tangy tomato, smoky bacon, and just the right amount of spice. It’s the kind of sauce that will have your taste buds doing the electric slide. And, the best part? It’s made with love.
· One lb ground beef
· One medium onion, diced
· One package dry mesquite flavored seasoning mix
· One can (28 oz) baked beans
· 1/4 cup molasses
· One tablespoon dry mustard powder
· 1/4 cup brown sugar
· 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
· 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
3. Add diced onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the dry mesquite seasoning mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the baked beans, molasses, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, dry mustard powder, and cayenne pepper.
6. Add the beef mixture to the bean mixture and stir to combine.
7. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
8. Serve warm and enjoy your delicious Southern BBQ Baked Beans!
· Adjust cayenne pepper according to your taste.
· If you want a saucier and thick beans, you can add more barbecue sauce or molasses.
· You can also add some diced bacon and green bell pepper for more flavor.
This Southern BBQ Baked Beans recipe is a true taste sensation that will transport your taste buds straight to the heart of the south. The combination of smoky BBQ flavors and savory baked beans is a match made in heaven, and this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any summer gathering. Whether you’re serving it up as a side dish or making it the main event, these beans will have your guests enjoy and asking for more.
Give this recipe a try and you’ll see why Southern BBQ Baked Beans are a true classic of southern cuisine. And if you’re feeling adventurous, you can even try adding some diced bacon or pulled pork for an extra meaty twist.